The Eclipse platform is really astonishing! My Flash efforts led me to Adobe’s Flex Builder, built on Eclipse. Since then it has become a daily tool along with Eclipse PDT (Php Developing Tools). Having the same platform for these just rocks!
After starting investigating, there’s seems to be no end in what can be done from inside Eclipse. Here are just some examples:
- SoapUI – Webservice-explorer. A bit tricky to install in Eclipse Europa (v 3.3, that FlexBuilder 3 is built upon), but it can be done!
- MindX – Excellent mindmapping tool
- IDF PDF-viewer plugin – open a pdf on your server without downloading it!
- OpenOffice inside Eclipse. Versioning and remote editing of your business documents! 🙂
- QuickImage – bitmap viewer, unfortunately not an editor (yet!?)
- GmailClipse – Gmail-client
Take a look at Eclipse Plugin Central – there are hundreds of programming tools, utilities, games…